Photos by Debra Bositck
Location: On FM 717, just north of Ranger & the Eastland County Line, Stephens County, Texas.
Historical Marker: When Baby Georgia A. Barnes was interred on William Nolen's land in 1878, there was a one-room Schoolhouse on this site. A three-year old girl was buried here in 1884, and in 1886 William Nolen donated two of his 160 acres for the formal establishment of a school and cemetery for the area later known as the Bullock Community. In 1918 the cemetery and school property were leased for drilling, but the resulting well did not produce. More land was donated as needed, including the site of the old oil well. The Bullock Cemetery Association was formed in the 1960's. Bullock Cemetery continues to serve the area. (1998)