For inscriptions see:
Photos by Jeanette Coaly
Location: 2900 S. Hayes, Amarillo.
History: Land for this cemetery was given
by T.B. and Hattie M. Clisbee in 1891, although a number of burials
had already taken place by that time. The earliest known burial,
that of Lillian Morrow, occurred in 1888. According to local
legend, she was a child interred here by her westward-traveling
family. A cemetery association, which was formed about 1901,
was chartered in 1921. Llano Cemetery has served as a regional
burial ground for Panhandle residents. A Mausoleum, The Llano
Pancheon, was built in 1929 with widespread community support.