Palo Pinto Co. Cemeteries of TX
Photos and story by Thomas D. and Darline Brown
Check out the McAdams - Pickwick Cemetery
Graford take Highway 254 west about 8 miles to P 36 and follow
P 36 west about 3 miles.
Historical Marker: Tennessee native Capt. William Carroll McAdams (1825-1905) came to Texas in the 1840's, served as a Texas Ranger, and fought in the Mexican War (1846-1848). McAdams and his wife Ann Alexander acquired this land in 1854 and began cattle raising. The cemetery opened after the death of Mrs. McAdams. The first marked grave is that of Mary M. Couger in 1889. McAdams Cemetery served the Pickwick Community (Now under the lake). In 1940 graves were moved here from Carter Bend Cemetery which was on the proposed Possum Kingdom Lake site. (1979)