Palo Pinto County, Cemeteries of Texas
Sorry, cemetery inscriptions not available to us at this time.
701 Grant Avenue, Strawn
Marker Text: Located on land once owned by William W. Johnson, whose coal mining operations spurred major development in nearby Thurber, this cemetery was named for Johnson's daughter, Marion, who died at age three. It later became the primary burial ground for the town of Strawn. The earliest documented burial dates to 1883. Interred here are many area pioneers, including town founder Stephen B. Strawn, former Texas Rangers, veterans of wars from the Civil War to World War II, and victims of the devastating 1918-19 influenza epidemic. It is a reflection of the area's heritage. Sesquicentennial of Texas Statehood 1845-1995.