Palo Pinto County, Cemeteries of Texas
1401 East Hubbard Street, Highway 180, Mineral Wells.
Historical Marker: This cemetery was established in 1883 when G. W. Slaughter and G. P. Barber donated land to the city. Prior to that time, a site known as The Cove served as a public burial place. Graves from The Cove were relocated here in 1884. The oldest documented grave is that of Nellie Crump, who died in 1881. Other burials include those of city founder James A. Lynch, his wife Arminda, and pioneer citizens. First known as City Cemetery, the name Elmwood was adopted after ladies of the civic league planted elm trees here in 1913. The cemetery is maintained by the city. (1988)