Old Dublin Memorial Park (P)

Dublin, Erath County, Cemeteries of Texas

Submitted by Vicki Reynolds

DIRECTIONS: From Dublin, take Hwy 6 East. Turn right on FM 219. Turn right on CR 322. Cemetery will be mile on your right.

HISTORICAL MARKER: The earliest use of this burial ground was in 1864, at the death of Ellen, daughter of J.H. Keith. William ("Big Bill") Keith donated donated this memorial to his Aunt Ellen with the understanding that it would be used for free public interments. It was called the "Old Dublin Cemetery" until 1961 when an endowment was created and the name was changed. There are about 1400 graves including 292 without names that are noted only with field stones or funeral home markers. This graveyard is still in use.

Last Name First Name Birth Death Comments
Johnson Aden - Jun 15 1895 Aged 79 yrs, 6 mo "He died as he lived, a Christian"

Kloster, Sr

William P

1883

1931

Note: Kloster family plot is just inside the gate and to the left.

Kloster

Pearl Margaret

1894

1979

-

Kloster, Jr

William P (Bill)

Jun 07 1918

Sep 27 1999

S Sgt US Army WWII 'Mr. Dr Pepper'* s/o Pearl Margaret

Kloster

Iona Mae

1920

1995

w/o William P.

Kloster

Theodore H

Jan 18 1922

Jan 09 1974

S1 US Coast Guard

* William P (Bill) Kloster, Jr (1918-1999) was the son of William P & Pearl Margaret  Kloster. After his father's death, Bill Kloster began working at the local Dublin Dr Pepper plant at the age of fourteen in order to support his mother. He earned 10 cents an hour sorting bottles. He eventually became Production Mgr, then General Manager after returning from service in WWII. In 1991, he became owner of the plant and worked a total of 67 years until his death in 1999. The Dublin Dr Pepper plant has been in continuous production since its opening in 1891 and still remains true to the original recipe using Imperial Pure Cane sugar, not the corn syrup used in most other soft drinks today. If visiting the soda shop, be sure and try their 'Frosty Pepper' ice cream treat!!!