Blanco Co Cemeteries of Tx
Submitted by Joel Honeycutt
Prepared for Cemeteries of
TX by Wanda Qualls
Used with permission of the
Blanco County Historical Commission, 101 Pitchfork, Johnson City, TX
Location: 2 1/2 miles northeast of Twin Sisters, on 281 south our of Blanco.
Names: The family name of the three people killed by Indians in 1868 was Sheppard. Killed was the man, his wife and a child. A 13 year old son was with them but was missing and never heard from. The family was from San Marcos Area and were on their way to visit Joe Cherry their grandfather who lived in the Blanco area. The bodies were found by Anton Kneupper while looking for some horses the Indians had stolen a few days before. It was in July and the bodies were buried where they were found.