Grove No. 2 Cemetery, School and Church
Grove, Wise County, Texas
of Texas Coordinator: Brenda E.
provided by the State of Texas Atlas Site
Boyd, take FM 730 south to FM 2048, take FM 2048 west about 1 mile to Pleasant
Grove; marker is next to cemetery and church.
community is one of three in Wise County named Pleasant Grove. The earliest
marked graves in the cemetery date from the late 1870s. A community school was
started here in 1879 and a frame schoolhouse was built north of the burial
ground on 1.5 acres deeded by H. T. Boyd. The building was also used for church
services and community functions. The school consolidated with Boyd (3 miles
north) in 1929. Church services have been held at this site since 1879. The
cemetery is still used, but the schoolhouse was replaced by a rock church
building in 1942.