Wise County, Texas
of Texas Coordinator: Brenda E.
provided by the State of Texas Atlas Site
Bridgeport, take US 360 west about 8 miles, turn south onto Willow Point – Jim
Ned Road, about 2 miles to cemetery.
J. E. Barnes purchased this site in 1885 from P. J. Hyde and his wife Mary E. Hyde. The earliest marked graves are those of Barnes' wife Dizania (b. 1861) and son Felix, both of whom died on December 4, 1879. Many early settlers of the abandoned Jim Ned community (two miles north) are also buried here. Named for an Indian chief, Jim Ned was a thriving settlement before 1900 and included a church, school, mercantile store, and post office. About 75 graves at this site are unmarked. Others are indicated only with rocks and fences.