Hutto vicinity, Williamson
Cemeteries of Texas
Coordinator: Brenda E. Wiggins
Information provided by the
State of Texas Atlas Site
1 mile west of Normanís crossing on FM 1660, 5 miles southeast of Hutto
on FM 1660
The Saul family settled
along Brushy Creek in Williamson County about 1850. One brother, Charles Saul (b.
1818) bought this 640-acre tract in 1862. This part of the ranch was first used
as a family burial ground upon Charles' death on June 22, 1870. The cemetery has
twenty-three marked graves dated from 1870 to 1918, including that of Charles'
wife Louisa (Dawson) Saul (1814-1887). According to tradition, the cemetery
contains a number of unmarked slave graves. This property has remained in Saul
family ownership for well over a century.