Williamson County, Texas
of Texas Coordinator: Brenda E.
provided by the State of Texas Atlas Site
SH 29, 9.5 miles E of Georgetown.
Cemetery was established in 1902 when community leaders J. M. Barrington, W. S.
McMakins, C. Brady, A. J. McDonald, and R. H. Northcutt purchased two acres near
the San Gabriel River to be used as a cemetery. Burials were free to area
residents. The earliest marked grave is that of George N. Northcutt. Other
graves of interest are those of Confederate veterans Isiah S. Hicks and M. G.
Walton. Twin sisters Sarah E. (Yoes) Robbins and Margaret (Yoes) Barrington are
interred here near many of their 22 children. One of the last physical remnants
of a once-thriving rural community, the Jonah Cemetery continues to serve the