Leander, Williamson County,
Cemeteries of Texas
Coordinator: Brenda E. Wiggins
Information provided by the
State of Texas Atlas Site
FM 2243, 1 mile west of Leander
Opened 1857 with burial of
3-year-old John Babcock, whose father Charles later gave tract to community.
Other early burials were Civil War veteran John Haile and Col. C. C. Mason.
Leander, founded 1882 when railroad bypassed Bagdad, shares use of this tract,
enlarged in 1959 and 1966.