ALLEN PARKWAY VILLAGE CEMETERY (B)
Harris Co. Cemeteries of TX
Submitted by George E. Wolfe, Jr
Construction workers found the remains of three or four bodies on the northwest corner of the property, which was used from 1879 to 1908 as the New City/Pest House Cemetery.
The remains, some dating to the 1860's were overlooked in the early 1940's when 928 bodies were exhumed and moved to the Brookside Memorial Cemetery.
All of the remains will be re-interred in a new cemetery on the northeast corner of Allen Parkway Village near Heiner Street in Houston,Tx.
(Houston Chronicle, Feb. 20,1996,Lesley Hensell), (Houston Chronicle, June 25,1996)