Antioch Cemetery #2

Teague,  Freestone Co. TX

From Teague take FM 1451 about 6.7 mi. south to FM 80, cross over and veer left on CR 691, keep left on CR about 1.1 mi. to CR 692, go left, follow about .3 mi. to cemetery

Historical Marker

Shortly after the Civil War, Edward Ezell, Sr. (d. 1903) and his wife, Frankie (Howard), gave about two acres for this cemetery. It was later enlarged under the direction of the Antioch Cemetery Association. In 1905, residents of the Luna community began holding an annual memorial service here. The community, with a population of 250, was once the site of a church, grist mill, school, blacksmith shop, and general store, but in 1906 the railroad bypassed Luna, and the settlement began to decline. The pioneer burial ground is all that remains. -1983-