St Joseph Church-Honey Creek 

July 2008

Comal Co. Cemeteries of TX

Submitted by  Robert K. Hankins


St Joseph Church-Honey Creek became a parish in 1876.  Founded by German settlers and serviced by a circuit riding priest for many years, the first church, a log chapel, was dedicated on August 20, 1876.  A frame church was built in 1892; and then in 1898, Fr. Virgilius Draessel, a Franciscan priest arrived as pastor.  Fr. Draessel remained pastor until his death at Honey Creek on October 9, 1933. He is buried under the center aisle of the old church