Crossroads Cemetery History
Celina, Collin Co,
Submitted by Elaine Nall Bay and Patricia Nall
The local Baptist community built a church in 1882 approximately three miles East of Celina, just North of the present Crossroads Cemetery. The property, encompassing 1-1/2 acres, had been jointly owned by brothers Abiel D. and Edmond Stelzer. The resulting Crossroads Baptist Church was moved in 1902 to the new town of Celina to be near the St. Louis, San Francisco and Texas railway. The church’s name was changed to First Baptist Church of Celina, and in 1930, a Quit Claim deed was filed by the church for the Crossroads Cemetery. The earliest marked grave is that of an infant girl who died in 1875. Crossroads Cemetery continues to serve residents of the area.