Photos by Gary Webb
Douglass community is the oldest part of town.
There is no entrance sign or gate even though there is a fence around most
This graveyard was part of the Peters Colony Land Grant of Joseph Klepper (d. 1864). He immigrated to Collin County from Illinois about 1845. The burial site contains graves of five Peters Colonists, their families, and other early setters. Through the years many prominent Plano citizens both white and black were interred here. Later it served as the only black burial ground for the community. The cemetery has a strong association with the First Methodist Church. It was adjacent to the graveyard for several years on property deeded by Klepper. (1980)
A pauper section is located just outside
the fence. Here are two general shots outside the fence.